Articles by Dr. Amend
Edward R. Amend, Psy.D., is co-author of two award-winning books: A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children; and Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger’s, Depression, and Other Disorders. Dr. Amend has authored or co-authored a number of articles, book chapters, and columns about gifted children.
- What is Giftedness?
- Myths and Assumptions
- Asynchronous or Uneven Development
- Characteristics of Gifted Children: A Closer Look
- Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults
- Worry and the Gifted: How Much is Too Much?
- Individual Assessment of Gifted Children
- The Emotional Edge. What Do You Say to Gifted Children?